Monday, December 29, 2008

Equipped to Succeed

With the Holidays winding up no later than they started for me, I feel slightly less tired, and in some sense, less poor. I made more money in four days alone than I have in my last month of work, yet my bank account has not increased in size, nor is my new wallet swelling. I have purchased an item that was slightly necessary, but mostly indulgent.

The unnecessarily bulky and deceptively heavy hand-me-down television that was recently in my room for no more than half a year had a problem with turning off by itself, not to mention the lights in my room would flicker every time I turned the mammoth on. So by draining my holiday cash fund, I was able to buy my very own, brand new LCD HDTV (how do you like that acronym?). Welcome to the club, right? It's about time. Normally I wouldn't spend so much money on a non-Apple branded electronic item, but it was really like getting two new things at once. Not only is this a hot new TV, but is also functioning as a very large, bright, second monitor for my MacBook Pro. In fact, I am utilizing its wonderful 1680:1050 resolution by writing this blog post on it as opposed to my slightly smaller computer screen (is 7 inches slight? =))

Must have been fate, I took the last one they had at the store. I am so glad that I finally got an HD television, and I had been really wanting a big computer monitor, so I believe it was money well spent. The larger screen real estate will be great for working on High-Def video as well as larger graphics for T-Shirts and such.

One downside to having an HDTV, if there is one, is the fact that everything that looked fairly good on my old TV (basic cable television, my Xbox gaming, etc.,) is starting to show it's age with noisy images and blocky graphics.

No comments: