Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recent Sucesses. . .

I have recently felt more successful than practically ever before. You may or may not know that I was recently chosen as a finalist in the Pickens Citzens Video Contest, which is a national contest. As I am writing this, I am currently standing at fourth place with 16% of all the votes. Not bad, considering the fact that I am at least half the age of anyone else in that contest. =]

"We Can Do This"-Finalist



I think I have been getting too much into the voting of the contest and not appreciating that I have one of the six best videos in the entire country. My family and friends have showed a tremendous amount of support, and the emails have been pouring in practically nonstop. The most impressive part about all of this is that the number of views my video is getting continues to blow my mind. Two days ago it had 826 total views, which is a lot more than I am used to in less than a week. Last night it was about to break 4,000 views, which amazes me. Just a couple hours ago it had surpassed my most viewed video, me getting my hair cut. Before starting this blog entry, it was about to blow past 10k. As I was finishing up the post, and went to copy the code to embed, it had just gotten over twelve thousand.

It almost feels unreal that so many people have seen my video, and so many people have liked it. I only wish that the polls went in my favor, but all I can do is sit back and wait for the final results. You can still vote at http://pickensplan.com/videos until Friday at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. My YouTube account is HurricaneJXXN, so that is the name you select if you wish to vote for me.

-Jackson Ivey, youtubejxxn

No comments: